Easy Chocolate Ganache
I needed a chocolate ganache to frost a cake and didn't have time to go to the store to get heavy cream, so I made this alternative using chocolate chips, butter and milk. You can use it as a dessert topping, too!
Cook Time: 7 minutes to cook plus cooling time.
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Place milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted completely. Increase heat to medium high and cook a couple of minutes. You will see little bubbles around the edge of the saucepan. Do not allow the milk to boil.
- Pour the hot milk and butter mixture into the bowl of chocolate and allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then stir until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is shiny and smooth.
- Leave it for half an hour at room temperature to set up, or you can refrigerate it if you're in a hurry.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.