Red Velvet Heart Shaped Tin Cake
This yummy ganache iced red velvet cake is baked right in the heart shaped tin. The instructions, ingredients, and photos follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Give your loved ones a simple red velvet heart cake this season of love. The recipe is simple, even kids can make it. Find out what makes this yummy cake moist and how you can make one on your own.
- 6x2 inch heart shaped tin can
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 small egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup very hot water
- pinch of salt
- red food coloring
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 30 g dark chocolate chips
- 30 g white chocolate
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- The measurement of ingredients fits perfectly in a 6x2 inch sized heart shaped tin can.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add egg, oil, and milk.
- Mix very well until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Now, add the hot water. This makes the cake moist and delicious.
- Add few drops of red food coloring.
- Mix again thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Grease heart shaped tin, then pour in the cake batter.
- Bake at 180 C (356 F) for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For white ganache, melt white chocolate with 2 tbsps milk. Boil until thick. Set aside to cool then pour it into a piping bag.
- For the chocolate ganache, put dark chocolate chips in a saucepan together with cocoa powder, sugar, and remaining milk. Stir constantly.
- Add the butter and continue stirring as it melts. Simmer until thick.
- Allow to cool. Pour dark chocolate over the cake to cover top completely.
- Pipe on horizontal lines of white ganache.
- Draw vertical lines using a toothpick to add simple detailed design in your ganache.
- Chill and serve.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.