Extending a Short Broom Handle

I can't afford a nice big broom, nor would I want one. They hurt my thumbs and are too coarse. So, I love the Dollar Tree ones, but man are they short! I am only 5 feet 1 inch tall and I find myself stooping just to use it.

I didn't have any PVC (which I recommend) but I did ask for a tube at my local hardware store. It worked as well as I could do with the size I had. This was 1 inch exterior and 5/8 inch interior. If the tube had been 1 inch interior, it would have gone over the whole handle. But this will work for a while.

I cut it 8" long with some cheap steak knives and it was a cinch to get over the handle. I probably didn't need the tape, but I figured it couldn't hurt!

It gives me just enough for my poor back to stop stooping just to sweep!

PS: This would work for mop too, but I would advise to do the PVC first. You tend to use the end of a mop with more force than a broom.

N-JOY!

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 17, 2020
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Extending-a-Short-Broom-Handle-1.html