Extending the Life of Pantyhose

Category Tips
Pantyhose can be a costly part your clothing budget. They are prone to snags and runs, but that does not mean you should discard them. This is a guide about extending the life of pantyhose.

Pantyhose are getting expensive and I work in an office and need to wear them everyday. Whenever I get one leg that has a noticeable run or hole. I cut of the one leg. Then I use it either with a pair that the other leg has been cutoff. If I have 2 pairs with the same leg gone, I will turn one inside out. This really extends the life. Also, If you will take new hose, rinse them and squeeze the water out, then store them in the freezer. It seems to keep them from running. After my hose are used as much as I can. Then I save them for crafts or other uses

By Nightsong from Hay Capitol of the World

Panty hose are expensive! This little trick has probably saved me hundreds of dollars over the years! Decide on your most preferred color of pantyhose and buy several pair. When getting a run or hole in one leg, cut that leg off and launder the "good leg" and panty. Put aside.

The next time a new pair has gotten a run or a hole, repeat this cutting and laundering routine. You will now have two good legs of hosiery and two panties. Slip them on and you now have a "new" pair of hose! An added benefit is the little bit more of tummy control by wearing two pairs of panties!

By Trisha from Ventura, CA

So you have two pairs of pantyhose/tights, both pairs are the same shade/colour and both pairs have a hole in one leg. So you cut off the legs with the holes and then wear both pairs one on top of the other, thus covering both your legs with a leg of pantyhose with no holes or ladders!

By Borasic Lint from UK