Saving Money on Pantyhose

Category Tips
When you need to wear pantyhose often, they can take quite a bite out of your budget. This guide is about saving money on pantyhose.

Pantyhose can be expensive and nothing makes me any madder than to poke my finger through a pair when putting them on for the first time. To avoid this, put on a pair of dishwashing gloves. They grip well enough that you can place your hands against the lower part of your leg and pull your hose up without having to grab them with your fingers and causing a hole or run.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

When I open a new package, I put the pantyhose immediately in the freezer overnight which sets the mesh and resists snags and tears. When removed and warmed to room temperature, I spray the pantyhose lightly with hairspray. This puts a double-setting on the mesh and ensures that you will get full use out of your pantyhose.

By BronxGirl

Tips for saving money pantyhose. Post your ideas below!

Before wearing pantyhose for the first time, put them in the freezer overnight. First get the pantyhose wet, gently ring them out put them in the freezer overnight. Once frozen, pull them out slowly and hang to them to dry. Why does it work? I have no idea, but this tip has been around for ages and people swear by. You can also spray pantyhose lightly with a spray starch to help prevent runs.

Pantyhose can be a costly part your clothing budget. They are prone to snags and runs, but that does not mean you should discard them. This is a guide about extending the life of pantyhose.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you are one of those style conscious girls who still enjoys wearing full fashioned hosiery, this tip is for you. The tip could be for most ladies, as older styles do have a tendency to return periodically.