FabricCleaning

Fabric Dye Ran in the Wash

I washed my daughter's brand new bedroom set. It's Zebra print with white and pink through it in areas. The black dye ran all over it. I didn't notice it so I threw it in the dryer! Then I noticed it and put Resolve on it and rewashed with no luck! How can I get this dye out?

If this is brand-new, I would bring it back to the store. I hope you saved your receipt. There are color removers on the market, but this is the first route I would take.

What a disappointment!
I would certainly return this to the store and be careful not to buy the same brand again.

If it is a set (and all in one package or not all in one package), I would return everything and hopefully find another set that you and your daughter like.

Soak in oxi clean if you don't have receipt , also make sure to use cold water and soak it in the oxi at least 8 hours

Anonymous

Any time you wash clothes in have dye to run on the cloth, take the dish washer tabs, put into your washer, let the tab soap up yhen place the item into your washer. Will remove the dye. Any time you wash a new item, check to see if the dye has ran on the cloth. The tabs to use is the one for a dish washer.