How to Fix Dye That Ran on a Wool Scarf

When dye runs from one part of an article of clothing to another it can be tricky to fix. There are a few products on the market that may help. This is a guide about how to fix dye that ran on a wool scarf.

I've got this 100% woolen scarf you can see in the picture. I'm sorry for the bad quality picture. My bf washed it in the washing machine while I was away. He used the hand washing program and with cold water 20C and the black got mixed with orange, not everywhere, but in some spots around the lining as you can see in the second picture I've uploaded. Also the colours all over the scarf lost their vibrancy from mixing with the black. So I took it to the dry cleaner and now it seems that it's mostly recovered everywhere. The colours are vibrant again, but the orange lining although it is better than before, it still has black spots. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've heard about colour dyeing do you think that might work?

Answers

Try to get your hands on some Carbona Color Run Remover! It works for this.

Rit has a dye remover

A very simple online search for "how to fix dye transfer" produced many good replies. You can try a search yourself and this helpful site:

www.howtocleanstuff.net/.../

I always do an online search before posting a question. Way too simple and just not helpful. Most products are to be used on clothes of one colour or on clothes that have white which means you can use a product that will make the colour fade. The area with the problem in my scarf is black and orange. I don't want any of these colors to fade away