Felt Carrot Garland and Paper Carrot Sign

Category Miscellaneous
This project was designed to decorate for a co-worker who routinely brought a pet rabbit to work. The cute felt carrots can also be used in other projects. Let us show you how to make the carrots and the paper sign advising when the bunny had remained at home.

I recently made this felt carrot garland and sign for a coworker who often brings their rabbit to work. We work at a school and she likes to let the kids know that he stayed home on days that he isn't there.

• orange felt
  • green felt
  • embroidery floss
  • needle
  • scissors
  • orange, green, and brown paper
  • wooden craft photo frame
  • glue

1. Create a template for the carrot and top. Then use those to cut out 2 felt carrots and 1 top.
  2. Advertisement

3. Place the top in between the 2 carrot pieces and sew together using a backstitch.
  4. Add details to the carrots, as shown below.
  5. Make as many carrots as you need for the desired garland length. Then run embroidery floss through each one to make the garland. Tie loops at the end and hang up.
  6. I created the written part of the sign on my computer and printed it out.
  7. Advertisement

8. I made a carrot and top out of scrapbooking paper and glued it into the upper left corner that I left blank on the sign.
  9. I then glued the sign to the frame and weighted it down overnight to hold it flat as it dried. The sign is hung from a Command hook in the window any time the rabbit stays home.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts MiscellaneousMay 7, 2020
👒
👔
😷
🐛
🌻

Generated 2020-05-08 22:09:36 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️