Finding Nursing Home Donations

Category Tips
At yard sales and second hand stores you may find inexpensive things to share with folks in assisted living facilities. This is a guide about finding nursing home donations.

I recently went to a yard sale and they had several jars of sample size body lotion, hand lotion & small bars of soap. I offered $1 for the whole lot and they accepted. I brought the items to a nursing home. It makes someone happy.

By Joesgirl

I am looking for all types of new greeting cards to share at the nursing homes where I work. I would like to help the residents send cards to their family members. Anyone know where I could get them?

I would contact local grocery store or pharmacy and speak with a manager. Maybe when they change the displays and cards go out of fashion they can donate them to you. THis would all depend on the store's corporate policy, though.

I know I have a ton you can have, LOL.

Thrift shops and garage sales have them all the time.
You could also post a wanted on Freecycle.