CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Finding the Age of an Antique Singer Sewing Machine

I am trying to find the age of my machine. The model # I have found is 61-1 and the serial number is 7171714.

I would contact the company here. www.singer.com/

Vintage Singer machines are usually the most popular so you may be able to find the information you are looking for. For most research you just need to Google your question (with the model number) and check out some of the sites.

• Research should include eBay as well as any sites that appear on Google as checking out a similar machine that is listed for sale (or sold) may have valuable information in the description.
  • There are some sewing machine sites that have information for Singers listed by serial number but it appears your machine #7171714 is not listed as such and should probably have one or two letters before the numbers.
  • Advertisement

• From information I have gathered I believe your machine was made in the 1920's but you will have to do more research yourself. Here is a site that has serial numbers listed so check for yourself.
  • ismacs.net/.../singer-sewing-machine-serial-number...
  • mulqueen.com/.../date-your-singer-sewing-machine
  • Ismacs Is the best site for information on vintage sewing machines but you will have to join to be able to ask questions. This is a valuable resource and it is free to join (but not free to become a Member).
  • ismacs.net/digest.html
  • Singer also has some good information but they may not answer any questions but I would still ask.
  • www.singer.com/support
  • www.singer.com/.../machine-value

Since you did not post a picture of your machine, I can only guess as to whether this is the manual, but just in case - here is a link:

www.singer.com/.../support?lp=support&title=61-1

Consumer Advice CollectiblesJanuary 3, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃