Finger Sandwich Recipes

Category Sandwiches
When planning the food for a party, finger sandwiches are a nice addition to the menu. This page contains finger sandwich recipes.

With this being the time of year for bridal showers, all the women involved with our bridal shower decided to make finger sandwiches. To make it easier, everyone shared in making the food and each of us had something else to do as well as making the sandwiches.

Does anyone have any simple and thrifty recipes for finger sandwiches for my in-laws 50th anniversary party?

By soldierfan from Northeast Arkansas

Answers

Anonymous

One that comes to my mind that I made once is Mini BLT's ... Make with sliced cherry tomatoes, crumbled bacon and shredded lettuce.

On the left side of this link there are about a dozen Tea Sandwich recipes:
http://whatscoo … net/Sandwich.htm

These links have several recipes to choose from:
http://www.grea … wichrecipes.html

http://www.cdki … ecipes/cat/1559/

http://www.razz … wich-recipes.htm

We make cucumber sandwiches for special ocassions. They are incredibly easy and inexpensive.

You'll need:
1 loaf of white bread
1 loaf of wheat bread
1 pkg. cream cheese
Mayonnaise
3 T worchestershire sauce
scallions or green onions. chopped
cucumbers (about two, depending on how thin you slice them.)

Remove the crust from the bread. Slice cucumbers. You can peel them or not. Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise, chopped onions and worchestershire sauce. The amounts aren't exact. You want it to be the consistency of a thick spread. Spread on each slice of bread. Lay four cucumber slices on one slice of bread and top with another slice with just the spread on it. One side should be white and the other wheat. Cut the sandwich into fourths. You can stack the finger sandwiches alternating wheat and white for a checkerboard appearance. Put another cucumber slice on the top of each finger sandwich. Tastes delicious!

Garden Vegetable Sandwich
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. mayo
1/2 c. grated carrot
1/4 c. finely chopped celery
1 T. finely chopped green pepper
few grains salt
Have cheese at room temperature, combine with other ingredients. These are good for teas too.

You could make this:
Cucumbers peeled and sliced
Mayo
Bread
Cut the crusts and spread mayo on bread and place slices of cucumber ontop and slice into 4 peices. Hope this helps.
Teresa

I always make the standard chicken salad, seafood salad, tuna salad, egg salad sandwiches. All are inexpensive when made from scratch. There is a really great chicken salad recipe on allrecipes.com. It has dried cranberries and pecans. I made it for my daughters confirmation party and everyone loved them! When making a chicken salad, I always start with whole chickens and boil them. Take the meat off the bones and use that for the salad. The leftover broth can be used for an Italian Wedding Soup. I also made that for my daughter's confirmation dinner.

I always make my own seafood salad. My local store sells the imitation crab for about $4.00 for 2.5 pounds in the freezer section. Cans of tuna are usually very inexpensive for the light chunk. The solid white tuna is usually about $1.00/can. I hope this helps!

If you know there are going to be little ones...remember some peanut butter & jelly.

Mix together cream cheese and crushed pineapple. Spread on crustless wheat or white bread, and cut in half, triangle shape or straight.

1 small cream cheese softened
1/2 of a cream cheese icing betty crocker pillsbury whicheverone you prefer

1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Spread on raisin cinnamon bread and cut into triangles.

It's called carrot cake appetizers.