Finishing an Unfinished Stairway

Category Miscellaneous
Finishing an unfinished stairway can greatly improve the appearance of your home. This is a guide about finishing an unfinished stairway.

I was feeling frustrated with our laundry room and stairs going down to our basement. There were pine coloured boards on the walls and the dust would really show there and it just was so yucky looking. I prayed about it and then started thinking about what paint we had stored downstairs.

Well, I found 3 gallons of white/beige and took it to a hardware store and had it tinted a sand colour. My daughters and I painted the stair way and laundry room. I then picked up some discounted wallpaper and we took off some of the boards on the stairway and put wallpaper there. It looks so nice. I was thrilled with it and it only cost us a total of 20.00.

Oh I almost forgot. We had some leftover carpet from our living room that we had been storing for years and it matched beautifully and so I prayfully tried my first attempt at installing it myself. We have had a lot of compliments on our home improvement. Best of all it did not break the budget and we were able to use things we already had. Hope you like it. Mrs Huyben and daughters.

By Francine from Granton Ontario

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Wow what an improvement! Just wondering why you had to pray about it?

By Stairway (Guest Post)

Thankyou! The reason I prayed was because I had no idea what I could do with the stairway and laundry room.

It just seemed like an overwelming job but after I prayed the ideas came.

By Yvonne (Guest Post)

Beautiful! I just love the woodwork -- it looks like something in upper-end homes.

By Faye. (Guest Post)

Beautiful Job! Prayer can work wonders.