Fixing Mushy Rice with Bread

Category Food Fixes
If you have ever had the rice in your cooker come out mushy or soupy then this quick and easy fix is for you. You will need a piece of bread and the tip below.

I can't tell you how many times I've made mushy, soupy rice. There's a quick fix that transforms this gluey mess into perfect, fluffy rice: a slice of bread. Place a piece of bread on top of your pot or rice cooker full of mushy rice, put the lid back on, and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes. The extra liquids will make their way into the bread, and your rice is saved. I use the ends of my bread loaves for this as no one in my family ever touches those.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesMay 7, 2020
👒
👔
🐛
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-05-08 22:10:04 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️