Fixing Rings That Are Too Big

Your diet is working and you have lost some weight, but now your rings are too big. You can have a jeweler resize them or perhaps find a more economical solution. This is a guide about fixing rings that are too big.

I've always been encountering this, especially if someone gives you a ring as a gift. When the ring is too big that won't fit on your finger that would be a problem and sometimes I go to a goldsmith to have it cut it to make fit on my finger. And this will cost you a money, right?

This time, because I didn't want to spend even a few cents on it, I just picked up my glue gun. That's right! I simply put a dot of glue on the inner bottom of the ring. It won't damage the ring and now it will fit perfectly on my finger and it won't cost me any money!

I have lost weight and have quite a few rings that are now too big for me. Is there any way to make them tighter besides having them cut down?

By Mary C.

Answers

I remember in high school some of the girls would wrap embroidery thread around the bottom of their boyfriends class ring so they could wear it. Maybe you could try something like that?

Where I went to school, the girls wrapped adhesive tape around the bottom of boys class rings. Also a lot of what I call "junk" catalogs have rings sizers that you can order. They are kind of a clear plastic that slides onto the bottom of the ring. Sometimes these can be found in the jewelry department of discount stores.

Instead of cutting your rings down, a jeweler can add a small metal piece that will make them fit more snugly. It has a couple of tiny balls on either end to help hold the ring in place. My mom had this done with her wedding set.

The Miles Kimball on line catalog has ring sizers - set of 4 for $2.99. Take a look and see if these would help.