Fleas in My Hair

I have had no dog now for a year. 2 years ago I had my house sprayed with chemicals twice. I have got fleas; they are in my hair and bite my body. I am scratching all the time.

By Yvonne

Best Answer

Wash your hair with liquid dawn dish soap and that will rid your hair of fleas. Also wash your dog with liquid dawn. Sprinkle salt on your floors and carpets and leave on for a few days if you can [on carpet] and vacuum. This will kill fleas and flea eggs. Do again as necessary until you get rid of fleas.

Every time I think i got rid of the fleas in my hair I see they're back
I sprinkled salt on the carpet and vacuum every couple days. Only things I've yet to do is wash my hair and bedding with dawn and use diatomsceous earth. How do I use diatomsceous earth on humans?

Best Answer

She doesn't have a dog anymore. At the risk of sounding indelicate, your infestation might not be fleas. If you don't see them jumping from your hair when you vigorously scratch it over say the tub where you can see them, you may have lice.

If you do, put some mayonnaise in your hair, cover with a shower cap for an hour, then wash your hair. If this doesn't work, you may want to see a doctor.

Are you sure they are fleas? Perhaps you have head lice or bed bugs?

Home and Garden Pest Control FleasFebruary 13, 2014
😎
📓
🐛
🌻