Flowering Weed Photos

Category Garden
Plants that are often referred to as weeds include a wide variety of wild flowers, many with blooms that could rival a cultivar. This guide contains flowering weed photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I thought this was a pretty sight when I woke up this morning, despite the work ahead. We have just gotten back from a three day weekend late yesterday. We mowed early last week, but it definitely needs it again. Dandelions, clover, and these unidentified tiny pink flowers have been growing the whole time.

I hand pull the clover and other creeping weeds and pop the dandelions out by the root, but it is a thankless task. We have a field across the street so it is practically impossible to control them in my yard without chemicals. I'd rather have the weeds.
Update: The small purple flowers are Erodium moschatum, also called filaree. My photographer husband took a better picture to show the detail. Much better than mine. :)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Top Comment

If I didn't plant it, I pull it out.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Top Comment

I do too, in my garden beds but I have had to give up on the lawn. Life is too short! The weeds grow practically overnight in the spring and early summer, especially with the rainy weather we have been experiencing.

Frequent mowing and grass reseeding helps keep them at bay.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
I don't even know what these weeds are called, but they are so pretty that I don't pull them out. They add lovely colour to my garden. If fact I have heard it said that a weed is any plant which grows where you don't want it to. The soil and the weather conditions are obviously perfect for these plants, so why not leave them there looking gorgeous where they are happy to be and let them be part of the garden landscape instead of treating them like weeds

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5