Little ones will love this. It's such a ingenious, simple, and fun game to play. All you need is paper and scissors and you can throw a bit of colouring into the mix too. Indoors or outdoors, these little fishes are beautiful to watch as they spin through the air.
Total Time: about 2 minutes
- crayons - optional
- Use A4 sized paper and cut it into strips. See this paper is patterned on both sides which is nice, but you can use any paper, even plain white.
- Make the strips about 3/4 inch wide.
- Take one strip and cut a slit at the bottom to about half way through and about one inch from the end.
- Repeat at the other end, but this time cutting from the top.
- Bend the strip around and slot one cut into the other.
- Now you have a little fish.
- If you like, you can pinch its nose to make it more fish shaped.
- Make a few in different colours.
- Take a fish by its tail and hold it up high, horizontally exactly as you see in the photograph.
- When you let go it looks so pretty as it spins and twirls and flutters to the ground.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!