The store rooms in my complex were add-ons. They are about 10 years old and were not made very well. Because of this, and our gutters not being cleaned out as often as needed, they bring down rain that often leaks under a wall and half the door.
After waiting 6 weeks for a repair, I did it myself so I could get my tubs back inside. I pulled a Popeye..."It's all I can stands and I can't stands no more!".
I scooped out the cat litter I had inside to absorb as much as it could, and dried the inside for about 2 hours.
During that time I cut .49 worth of small pipe insulation in half, then quarters, lengthwise. I measured the front and put 1/4 piece down under the wood, for as far as it would go.
It leaked because there was more room toward the yard then there was toward the house, so it fit down under the wood siding to a point.
Once it didn't fit, I put it in as close as I could and then sat some gallon jugs of water on the whole 27". When the jugs covered the thicker part they leaned just a bit so I put some foam pieces on the bottom of the jugs to even the weight of the water so it would better protect the foam. Now they all sit at the same level.
On the inside, I used the 1/2 cut piece and simply nailed it to the wood.
This is jury rigging at it's best, and I know this. But, it's fixed good enough to allow me to put my things back inside, so my house doesn't look like a store room exploded.
When you are thinking about a wreath form, a "stop gap" project like this or other things you need foam for, do consider this wonderful material. It's super cheap and so pliable.
I would say N-JOY!! but I actually hope you never have to do this.
Total Time: 2 hours
You've got moxie. Nice.
viam inveniam aut faciam