Foil and Batting Little Birdie Sculpture
After watching a few Youtube videos and using household items I had on hand, I made a little bird sculpture which could be used for garden or home crafting projects.
Total Time: 1 hour
- aluminum foil
- batting or cotton
- acrylic paint
- square paper clip
- floral stems
- black beads for eyes
- two feathers
- paint brush
- Crumple a piece of aluminum foil, estimating the size of bird you want to make. (This is just a guess.) Shape into a bird shape with head, body, and upturned end of bird's body.
- Wrap quilt batting around the foil sculpture and glue as you go. This is the step where I painted dabs of paint to give the bird some color (unless you want a white bird.)
- Next, I made a beak using a gold square paper clip, cutting it into a triangular shape and inserting the ends and glueing where the beak should be on the head. Then, I glued the eyes in place.
- Cutting two pieces of floral stems, I made the feet and painted them a gold color. These I inserted and glued to the bottom of the bird's body. This was an original idea I came up with after thinking what I might have that looked like birds feet!
- Because I had pink feathers, I painted mine blue and let them dry. Then, I glued them to the sides of the bird's body.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.