Folded Paper Star
Vote for this contest contender!
Every time the month of September starts, we also start thinking of decorations for Christmas. We usually decorate every September and sometimes we remove them on February or March. It's our one thrifty way to save time and money during the Christmas season, so today I started making a paper star which I might be able to use as decoration.
- 6 pieces square origami papers of the same exact sizes
- Start with the paper colored side up. Fold in half horizontally, then in half again vertically as shown. Crease then open it out.
- Turn the paper and fold in half diagonally in both directions. Crease well then open out again.
- Hold the points from the horizontal fold and bring them both to the center point in the bottom line and flatten.
- Fold bottom corners to top point then unfold.
- Make five more to make six altogether.
- To join modules, slip one set of "legs" into another set of legs.
- Push the legs as far as they will go.
- Pull the center crease outwards, making it into a mountain fold.
- Continue adding more modules to build a star repeating the same steps as you go.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!