Food Processor Pizza Dough
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
April 22, 2020
This makes a wonderful dough, and you don't have to knead it.
I make several and freeze to save time.
- 1/4 - 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 Pkg or 1 Tbsp. dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine 1/4 cup of the water with the yeast and the sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir to dissolve the yeast and let it stand about five to ten minutes until the yeast starts to bubble and rise.
- Put the flour, oil, and salt into the food processor and process on blend for about five seconds. Use the steel blade.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and process about 10 seconds or until blended.
- While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle just enough of the remaining water through the feed tube so the dough forms a ball that cleans the sides of the bowl. Once the ball is formed let it spin around about 25 times.
- Put the dough ball onto a 14-inch greased pizza pan.
- Cover the dough ball with plastic wrap of a bowl and let it rest for about 10 minutes. I made mine in the morning and let it rise in the refrigerator. I then took it out 1/2 hour before I was ready to use it.
- Using your fingers or a lightly floured rolling pin press out the dough into a circle shape, leaving a ridge along the sides.
- Spread with pizza sauce and add your choice of cheese, toppings and seasonings.
- Bake at 425 F for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Wrap extra dough in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.