Fragrant Spiced Muffins
Made with 100% whole wheat flour, these are healthy and satisfying. You can substitute other dried or fresh fruit for the raisins. You can add nuts and/or seeds. You can even substitute part of the whole wheat flour with other healthy choices such as rye, soy, oats, bran or wheat germ.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12-18 (I got 12)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk, yogurt or sour milk
- 3 Tbsp oil or melted butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients, including the raisins.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk and oil.
- Mix only until dry ingredients are moist.
- Fill greased muffin pans half full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.