Freeze Extra Dry Cat Food

I have two kitties on prescription food. It is rather expensive, but there is a noticeable break if you buy the larger bag, 17 lbs. However, I have noticed in the past that my discriminating cats don't eat stale food as reliably as when it is fresh. I was mentioning this to the lady behind the counter at my vet's office and she recommended that I bag up the excess and freeze it for future use. She has done this herself in the past. I tried it and this works really well. I use gallon size Ziploc freezer bags and keep them in the deep freezer.

Great idea, thanks for sharing. I take it it works for dog food too?

That's great to know because animal food these days is so expensive, especially the prescription dog or cat food which is out of sight. What a great idea.... thanks for sharing!! That could save us pet lovers a lot of money in the long run. Thanks again! I'll be sure to pass it on!