Freezing Cooked Pasta

Recently my mom and I prepared some pasta (penne?). Instead of tomato based sauce, we added mixed greens (Southern Greens, chard and mustard from Trader Joe's) that had been sauteed in olive oil, lots of garlic and crushed red pepper, and topped with Parmesan cheese.

We cooked 2 lbs. of pasta. It was way too much for the two of us to eat at one sitting so we put the leftovers in freezer bags and froze them. We have since thawed and eaten the frozen pasta and it was great! I've often wondered if cooked pasta could be frozen. I've finally discovered that yes, it can. It freezes very well. It is very convenient to be able to simply thaw, warm a delicious meal, and there's not much clean-up.

By Jayne from Yountville, CA

I always make extra pasta when I'm doing a pasta recipe just so I can freeze some for a quick supper or to make a quick pasta salad. Saves lots of time (and dishes).

Food and Recipes FreezingSeptember 13, 2011
🍀
💘