Freezing Fresh Vegetables From My Garden

I planted my first garden this year and a lot of the veggies I planted are becoming ready to pick. I need to know how to go about picking the veggies and freezing them. Can I just pick them out of the garden, wash, and put in Ziplock bags or do they have to be cooked ahead of time? Most of the veggies I have are typical garden vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)

Freeze Without Blanching

I know I have always done things different and this is no exception. I always thought blanching veggies before freezing was such a waste of time. So one year with my peas, I blanched half the crop and then froze them, and the other half I washed and then froze. WELL the ones that were not blanched tasted better, like they had just come out of the garden. So now I "just freeze" most of the veggies without blanching.

By Pam S.