Freezing or Drying Mint Leaves

Category Drying
Fresh mint leaves can be preserved either by freezing or drying. Both methods work quite well for many herbs. Instructions for both methods are offered on this page.

I have a fresh mint plant growing in a flower pot that I only use for making my dog, dog treats. I would like to know how I can freeze or dry it. I'd rather dry it out for further use. I make dog treats maybe every 3 to 4 months and I don't want the plant to die. So if anybody can help thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

You can use a dehydrator or just let it dry out on paper towels. Wash it first.

Best Answer

You can dry mint leaves in several ways. Instructions for air drying and oven drying can be found at www.leaf.tv/.../. You can also dry mint leaves in the microwave.

Best Answer

I like to freeze dry them...wash, pat dry, spread on a clean cookie sheet lined with wax or freezer paper, freeze overnight, break up into small pieces in the morning, then double zip bag in portion sizes and back in the freezer. It works with all spices. I can't tell you how long they last as we use them up quickly! I am sure someone here can give you the low down on keep times!

Best Answer

you can dry it in the microwave or the oven. an easy way to dry it is to hang it upside down in a breezy but protected place like inside a garage or on a porch.

when it is dry put it in an airtight jar or tin.

Food and Recipes DryingOctober 1, 2019
🎃