DryingFood and Recipes

Freezing or Drying Mint Leaves

I have a fresh mint plant growing in a flower pot that I only use for making my dog, dog treats. I would like to know how I can freeze or dry it. I'd rather dry it out for further use. I make dog treats maybe every 3 to 4 months and I don't want the plant to die. So if anybody can help thank you.

You can use a dehydrator or just let it dry out on paper towels. Wash it first.

thank you for the help

You can dry mint leaves in several ways. Instructions for air drying and oven drying can be found at www.leaf.tv/.../. You can also dry mint leaves in the microwave.

thank you very much for the help

I like to freeze dry them...wash, pat dry, spread on a clean cookie sheet lined with wax or freezer paper, freeze overnight, break up into small pieces in the morning, then double zip bag in portion sizes and back in the freezer. It works with all spices. I can't tell you how long they last as we use them up quickly! I am sure someone here can give you the low down on keep times!

thank you very much for the help

you can dry it in the microwave or the oven. an easy way to dry it is to hang it upside down in a breezy but protected place like inside a garage or on a porch.

when it is dry put it in an airtight jar or tin.

you can dry it in the microwave or the oven. an easy way to dry it is to hang it upside down in a breezy but protected place like inside a garage or on a porch. when it is dry put it in an airtight jar or tin.