Fresh Asparagus with Garlic and Olive Oil
Fresh asparagus taste delicious with a minimum of preparation and seasonings. This is a guide about fresh asparagus with garlic and olive oil
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Ah, what a flavorful vegetable dish this makes. Aromas fill the air and your palate. You may not want to get romantic and kiss anyone after all this garlic! Have a mint ready! :)
- 1 bunch asparagus, pencil thin
- 3-4 cloves large cloves of fresh garlic, sliced paper thin
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt
- dash or two of black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, cut in quarters
- Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus, leaving them whole.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil. Let this get hot. Add all your sliced garlic.
- Add your asparagus going in all different directions, it will help the cooking. Using tongs, stir this rapidly over and over getting everything coated with the oil & garlic. It's okay that the oil starts to look a bit brown.
- Quickly take your two quartered lemons and squeeze hard to release the juice to cool down the pan. Now lower the heat to medium.
- Cover and let stand for just 5 minutes.
- The flavor in this dish is outstanding.
March 4, 20160 found this helpful
I have all the ingredients in the house. I'm going to make this tomorrow night. Thanks for posting.
In This Guide