Fresh Asparagus with Garlic and Olive Oil
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
February 26, 2016
Ah, what a flavorful vegetable dish this makes. Aromas fill the air and your palate. You may not want to get romantic and kiss anyone after all this garlic! Have a mint ready! :)
- 1 bunch asparagus, pencil thin
- 3-4 cloves large cloves of fresh garlic, sliced paper thin
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt
- dash or two of black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, cut in quarters
- Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus, leaving them whole.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil. Let this get hot. Add all your sliced garlic.
- Add your asparagus going in all different directions, it will help the cooking. Using tongs, stir this rapidly over and over getting everything coated with the oil & garlic. It's okay that the oil starts to look a bit brown.
- Quickly take your two quartered lemons and squeeze hard to release the juice to cool down the pan. Now lower the heat to medium.
- Cover and let stand for just 5 minutes.
- The flavor in this dish is outstanding.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.