Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes

Category Coffee
Frozen coffee based beverages are quite delicious, but also rather pricey to buy regularly. Try making your own for much less. This page contains frozen coffee drink recipes, like a Starbucks Frappuccino.

I am looking for the exact recipe for Starbuck's blended vanilla frappuccino.

By felicia nelson from Torrance, CA

Answers

Best Answer

So this is the actual Starbucks recipe for a Vanilla Bean Frappucino (no coffee): (I work at a Starbucks.)
Approx. 1 c. ice
2,3,4 pumps cream frappucino base (depending on size)
2,3,4 scoops vanilla bean powder (depending on size)
Approx. 1/4 c. whole, 2%, or non-fat milk (your choice)
Blend until smooth (by the way, 1 pump is approx. 1/2 oz.)
Top with vanilla whipped cream (Starbucks whipped cream is made with Vanilla syrup)
If you were going to make this yourself, I'd use more milk and add sweetener to taste for the base (they don't sell the base at Starbucks so you'll have to improvise). Then use vanilla extract or if you can find vanilla bean powder at a grocery store, use that. The cream frap base is basically just dried milk and sugar that we mix with more milk and water. Good luck, hope this helps! :)

I love the frozen drinks at Starbucks, but they are so expensive. Does anyone have any recipes that are as smooth and creamy as Starbucks and, needless to say, as yummy?

Tuey

Answers:

Coffee and Vanilla Ice Cream

I don't have an exact recipe, but we mix up coffee and vanilla ice cream in the blender for a similar treat. And I agree with you no coffee is as yummy as Starbucks. We are thrifty, but I splurge on packaged Starbucks at Walmart (it's the cheapest) to enjoy on the weekends. (03/01/2005)

By Allison

Smooth and Creamy Iced Cafe

• 1 cup strong cold coffee
  • 4 tsp confectioner's sugar
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 3 cups crushed ice

Place all into a blender. Blend until smooth. Makes four, 10 oz. servings (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne Spencer

Frozen Mochaccino

• 12 Tbsps ground coffee
  • 10 cups water
  • 3/4 cup coffee creamer (powdered)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
  • 1/2 cup caramel syrup
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • whipped cream topping (optional)

Brew coffee and water. In a large pitcher combine coffee and other ingredients. Stir until dissolved. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.

Per serving place 1 cup ice and 1 cup chilled coffee mix in a blender. Blend on high until ice is completely crushed and drink is frothy (1-2 minutes approximately). Pour in glass, top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups.

Unused portion of mix may be stored in the fridge for one week. Keep covered. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne Spencer

Banana Frostie

• 1 ripe banana
  • 1-1/2 cups cold, strong coffee
  • 3 Tbsps granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vanilla ice cream

Cut banana into chunks and combine with coffee and sugar in a blender. Blend at high speed. When the mix is smooth, add ice cream and blend at medium speed until smooth. Pour into 2 12-ounce glasses. Serve. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne Spencer

Cafe Chocomalt

• 1 cup cold strong coffee
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup chocolate ice cream
  • 2 Tbsps granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsps malted-milk powder

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high. Makes 2 12-ounce servings. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne Spencer

Iced Mocha with Mint

• 2 Tbsps chocolate syrup
  • 3/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • dash of mint extract
  • 1 scoop crushed ice
  • mint leaf for garnish

Combine chocolate syrup, coffee, mint, milk, and crushed ice in a blender. Blend until frothy. Pour into tall glass and garnish with mint leaf. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne Spencer

Iced Toffee

• 1 Heath Bar, 1-3/16 ounces
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1/2 cup cold, strong coffee

Break Heath bar into 4 pieces. Place in blender with softened ice cream and coffee. Blend on high until candy is blended smooth and the mix is thick. Pour into two, twelve-ounce glasses. Gonna need a spoon for this one. (03/01/2005)

By Suzanne Spencer

Candy Bar and Powdered Milk

Here's another great recipe you can try. Mix 1 small box powdered milk, same size powered sugar, and unsweetened cocoa. Mix all this together in a plastic container. This can be stored for quite a while this way. In a blender pour your regular or low-fat milk to equal about 1 1/2 cup. Scoop about 1 cup of the powdered mixture. Put in your favorite candy bar (Butterfinger is best or Heath Bar), 1 shot espresso and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy. (03/13/2005)

Coffeemate Creamer and French Vanila Cappuccino

I use this mix in my hot morning coffee and it can be served over ice.

• 5 parts Coffeemate creamer

• 1 part french vanilla instant cappuccino mix
  • 1 part hot cocoa mix (just add water kind)
  • mix it up in a storage container
  • add 1/2 cup mix to 12 oz coffee

Enjoy hot or cool and serve over ice. (02/19/2006)

By Melissa

Starbuck's Frozen Frappuccino

The Frappuccino is blended with strong coffee, sugar, a dairy base, and ice.
Make double-strength coffee by measuring 2 tablespoons of ground coffee
per cup (serving) in your coffee maker. The copy will be even more authentic
if you use Starbucks beans and grind them yourself just before brewing.

Coffee

• 3/4 cup double-strength coffee, cold
  • 1 cup low-fat milk
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 cups ice
  1. Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by
    your coffee maker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup
    of coffee. Chill before using.
  2. To make the drink, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high
    speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, and

serve with a straw.

Makes 2 large drinks.

Caramel: For this, add 3 tablespoons of caramel topping to the original recipe above and
prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle additional
caramel over the whipped cream.

Mocha: For this version, add 3 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup to the original
recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream if desired (03/11/2007)

By Jason

Frozen Coffee Drink Recipes (Like Starbucks)

I make this one all the time, it doesn't taste exactly like Starbucks, but personally, I think it's way better.

It's on the back of a Nestle hot chocolate packet. They have a lot of different recipes on the back of each packet in a box and I've tried a few, but this one's my favorite.

Frozen Mocha

(makes 1 serving; about the amount of 1 coffee cup)

• 1 cup ice cubes *I use 5 and it works great
  • 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt, or ice cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 envelope of any brand hot cocoa mix *I use Nestle
  • 1/2 teaspoon Instant coffee granules *I use General Foods International French Vanilla
  • Fat Free whipped topping (optional)

Directions:

Place ice, frozen yogurt (or ice cream), milk, cocoa mix, and coffee granules in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Top with whipped topping. Serve Immediately.

Like I said earlier, I got this recipe from Nestle.
I love it. (11/17/2007)

By Amylita

Frappuccino

Starbucks has something they call a "Frappuccino" remember this is a registered name so what I make is simply "My Frozen Coffee" This recipe for a drink costs me about $0.38 for a 40 oz blender full. A bit of a difference when 16 oz at Starbucks set me back $4.50 plus the expected tip and I don't have a clue what the heck was in that foil box that came out from under the cabinet. So here is my own tried and true recipe.

The measurements are to taste that you prefer over time there is no order to the mixture:

1. from my ice dispenser 1 20 oz travel cup of ice. Just dump it in your Kitchen-aid countertop blender.
  2. About 8 oz plain or vanilla yogurt. I buy it in a 32 oz carton.
  3. 2 or 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  4. A good hard squeeze of honey from one of those bear-shaped containers.
  5. 1 or 2 packets of water-soluble cocoa or an equivalent for a box of powder.
  6. 1 or 2 scoops of instant coffee crystals
  7. Just enough milk to make the blender take up the challenge and mix it well when you turn the thing on Liquify.

There is no secret to the mixture in what to add first. If you want some protein, add a whole egg. If you want ice cream, use less milk. If you want a zip and a zing add a shot of Caffee Lolita Coffee Liqueur. If you are diabetic well you know what to do in that case.
Enjoy the fun. (11/03/2008)

By Daniel Lewis Frommherz