Frugal Homemade Gift Ideas

Our family on my side has decided to have a completely "homemade Christmas", due to the economy. Since not all people like "crafty items", my daughters and I try and make items I already know they like (or requested) and will be used. I also make cloth gift bags that can be reused-easy to make from pillowcases or old jeans (that can them be used as a purse or tote bag)

I thought I would share some of my ideas we are using or have used in the past, and hopefully get some others to add theirs!

By April from NW Missouri

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

3 More Solutions

Here are some great inexpensive crafts for gift ideas. These were made by children for Bible School but would be good for adult, too.

Gifts and gift making. The last few years I've been making gifts for the adults and kids we exchange with. The gift is typically the same for those that I'm making for to save on time, planning, and materials.

I am in need of recipes for making good and different gifts.

Darcey from Kalmazoo, MI

Answers

By Patsy (Guest Post)

Rosemary Beeswax Deodorant

2 Tbsp. shredded beeswax
1 T. coconut oil
1 tsp. cocoa butter
12 drops rosemary oil

Melt beeswax. Stir in cocoa butter until melted. Add oils. Pour into any shape mold. When hardened, pop out of mold. Cover with clear wrap.

"Different" means different things to different people! Lately I make gift baskets. In the past when I received or won a basket, I made a list of all things in it, to give me ideas for making my own. They don't have to be expensive things but a good variety can be fun for the recipient as they find each item. You might want to put mostly food items such as jams, coffee, crackers, cookies, single serving pouches of something new to try. Or it can be themed around a central item, like a bottle of wine. It could be a comfort basket with candy, a magazine or a book, a date book, hot chocolate, maybe some personal care items in trial sizes, even a cozy pair of socks. I have a friend I am teaching to quilt so I made her a birthday basket with sewing and quilting supplies with fat quarters rolled up like straws. Baskets are so versatile and can be tailored to the person you are giving them to. Use your imagination!

verybestbaking.com is the Nestle website, and has both company tested and donated consumer recipes. Very innovative and different for bars, cookies etc!

Answer this Question

Holidays and Parties Gifts HomemadeFebruary 5, 2013
🎂
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Frugal-Homemade-Gift-Ideas-1.html