Fun Ways to Make Easter Eggs
I decided to have fun with my hard boiled eggs and try new flavor combo's and even try to replicate a Peep. Fun for our little get together too!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 dozen
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise, Nayo (Vegan Mayo) or Miracle Whip
- Any of your favorite spices in your cabinets. I tried:
- smoked paprika, salsa, sweet & sour cabbage, mustard, pickle relish, pesto, capers, green olives, and sesame seeds
- Hard boil your eggs and let them cool.
- Cut them in half and gently scoop out the yolks.
- Take a few yolks (I used 4 halves) and add your favorite spices along with 1 Tbsp. mayo.
- I had smoked paprika yokes with olive slices and capers.
- I mixed pesto with pickle relish and dotted some with Dijon mustard. They were all fantastic!
- Try different combinations!
- Then I filled a pastry bag with some mixed yolk and mayo.
- Then I piped a little peep into the half.
- I used black sesame seeds for the eyes.
- Just a lot of fun and made us all laugh. Then we gobbled them up!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!