Garage Door Remote Quit Working

My Craftsman garage door opener remote quit working. I replaced the batteries and tried to relearn the remote. It says to push button and when it starts blinking to then

push remote button while it is blinking. My problem is when I push the button it does
not blink, but just stays on steady for a minute or two and goes out. Why can't I relearn the remote? Is it possible new batteries could be bad? Any help would be
appreciated. The unit operates perfectly with the wall unit. There are no batteries in the wall unit, but it is wired and the light stays lit. I bought a new Craftsman remote today and tried to relearn the new remote, but it does not program either.

Because there is a problem with the circuit board in the remote. It is bad and needs to be replaced. It is better to buy a new unit.