Garage Sale Jokes

Category Jokes
Garage sales can be a great subject for a some funny jokes. This is a guide about garage sale jokes.

This is a tip for all those garage sale fiends out there. Everyone knows that the first person at the garage sale gets the best pick of items. Instead of trying to get up early to be the first at garage sales, I have started looking through Craigslist and the local paper for advertised sales. I then show up the night before the sale.

To avoid being bothersome or rude, I show up rather late (9PM to 10PM) so I know the family is done with dinner and kids have been put to bed. Be polite, tell them you are a seasoned garage sale enthusiast and ask them if you might be able to preview their wares. If they say "yes", you are in! If they say "no", politely leave and show up the next morning. If they produce a firearm, run and show up in a disguise the next morning. Happy bargain hunting!

April from Foolsville, IN

Editor's Note:This is a terrible idea! Happy April Fool's Day!

Top Comment

I actually called a neighbor the day before we did our garage sale because she has a daughter that would fit into most of the clothes we were selling. She came over the night before and bought $200 worth, so if done right, it is a good idea.

Anonymous

I think this is the worst tip I have ever seen! I can't believe it made it on to the site, was this even read before being posted!
: ) haha, I was totally fooled.

Yeah, I was reading this and thinking bad things about the rude submitter. We don't do garage sales - instead we just donate to our chosen charities.

I was flabbergasted imagining how outraged I'd be at someone having the nerve to show up the night before a garage sale. Whew! Glad it was a joke. I need to go have a cup of tea now! :-)

Ha Ha! April Fools! Good one, Lewis. I mean, April :)