DivorceLegal

Garnishment of Disability for Alimony

Category Divorce

I paid my wife temporary alimony for over a year $24,00.00. She was older than me and was also collecting $700 for SS, which she did not divulge to the court at the time of the temp alimony hearing. I had an accident and lost sight of eye, ears, and because of this became mentally challenged. I applied for SSD.

I worked and supported her children from a previous relationship for over 20 years, they were 7 and 11 when we married, I bought them cars, homes, etc. She moved out on me and moved in with her brother first then now Mom. I pay rent, utilities, and Cobra for $300, I have no car, she has a car and all bank accounts in her and he mother's name. I will barely get by on the disability if I get it, she is entitled to $1200 of my disability payment, she wants $2100 a month plus the $700. The judge that gave her the $2400 a month told her it was for schooling and getting a career, she has done nothing with the money. I feel she can live very easily on that money since living with her mom and everything goes to her when her mother passes. She screamed and yelled in court demanding the money. My doctor does not advice me to even go to the final trial.

By Chuck H

This is a sad situation but what is your question?