Geranium Stopped Flowering

My geranium stopped flowering. It's only a few months old and I recently repotted it thinking it may be root bound. That's not the problem. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

By Donna

Generally, geraniums stop flowering when colder weather arrives, but that depends on the environment you are providing, too-are the plants outside in the freezing cold, do they get enough direct sun, are they in a hothouse, do you have grow lamps on them, are you feeding them, are you over/under watering them, are you deadheading them properly...Why a plant stops flowering depends on so many factors that it's quicker and easier to direct you to general geranium growing info. Here's a UK link:

www.mrsgreenfingers.co.uk/geraniums.htm

And here's one for the US:

www.flower-gardening-made-easy.com/growing-geraniums.html

Also, for information specific for your area if you are in the USA, try a Google search for the extension office in your county or region. Their website will have pages of information based on plants growing in your zip code.

Good luck, geraniums are lovely plants that usually do well in the home garden.

Are you watering the geranium too much? When you repotted it was the soil wet? Mine like the shade and are blooming now in a limited fashion.The Miracle Gro is excellent for them too. Hope they start blooming soon.

Anonymous

From tropical Queensland, my experience is: dont over water geraniums & mine flower beautifully when I feed them potash - about 1tbsp once a month.

I have had my bush Two years no flowers and gets tall branches break off makes it look awful, think just pulling out as tried from pieces it grew but still no flowers think stick to small geraineims normal ones flower most of year the citronella no.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersDecember 27, 2011
🍀
💘