Getting Dentures Without Insurance

This is a guide about getting dentures without insurance. If you don't have dental insurance it can be difficult to afford dentures. Here are some tips about finding low cost dental care.

I'm a diabetic and take insulin. My teeth are bad. I need new teeth. Where can I find dental service without insurance?

Answers

Best Answer

If there are dental schools in your area, you can obtain many dental services from them. All procedures are overseen by the instructors and fees are low cost. Also, they might have a sliding fee based upon income. Search online for dental schools by state in the US on this site :

http://www.asda  tal-schools.aspx

I am on SSI and have to have new dentures. I live on a very low income and my husband is trying to get his SSI and is unemployed. We both need dentures; is there any place that has free or low cost denture care? Please help us.

Answers

Best Answer

I would assume you have Medicaid insurance to cover dental care? I would suggest you call the phone number on the back of the card if you do. They usually provide dentures for those in need.

My husband and I have no insurance what so ever and his teeth have been killing him for about 2 years! It is genetic in his family for tooth decay and his mother and grandmother had dentures by the time they were 35. I don't know what to do! He is in constant pain and we cannot afford extractions and dentures. I'm out of options between going to doctors and the hospitals. The only thing the hospital has done is give him pain relievers and referrals to their charity dental clinic which only provides extractions.

Without any teeth how are you supposed to eat?

Where can I find a free dental clinic or school that would help him? I'm so scared that it will start causing heart problems and I just don't know what to do! It causes him so much stress and I can only imagine the pain he is in everyday. Please someone help.

By kwilkinson

Answers

Best Answer

People can eat without teeth. I got dentures in 1983, but I had been without teeth for so many years that I prefer not to wear them, unless I am going someplace or having company. You also don't have to eat just soft foods when you don't have teeth. Your gums get used to it. I can eat popcorn, etc. without my teeth. Until your husband's gums get healed he will have to start out with soft foods, soups, mashed potatoes, etc.

As the gums get stronger he can add more variety of foods. Believe me it can be done. My now "ex" had his teeth pulled in the fall of 1964 and by the time the dentist said he could put the dentures in, he was eating popcorn, etc. About the only things I can't eat are raw veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, etc.