Getting Rid Of Wild Grape Vines

A woody vine whose young tendrils can wrap around nearby plants or other objects for support. It can choke out other vegetation in your garden space. This guide is about getting rid of wild grape vines.

We have a flower bed that has been sorely neglected. Elm seedlings and wild grapes have invaded. There are still some desirable plants - some Japanese dwarf iris that haven't bloomed for a couple of years and an antique rose that was very nearly choked out by elms, grape hyacinth, and some yellow-flowering bulbs that I haven't identified yet.

Because of a bad back, I can't spend a lot of time weeding at once. How do I get rid of the wild grapevines and baby elms without harming the other plants? Or should I consider it a total loss and till the whole thing up?

Answers

I have tried using vinegar and boiling water to kill off some of my elms. I use about 2 cups vinegar to gal of boiling water.

If you can dig up the flowers you want to save then till in the unwanted,good luck.