Getting Rid of Ants in the Kitchen

Please help I have ants are all in my kitchen.

By

Best Answer

Vinegar is cheapest, cleanest and easiest way to get rid of them. I used white but imagine cider would work as well. I put it in spray bottle and wiped everything down. If I saw an ant I sprayed it then threw it away and then sprayed trash. They do leave trails that others will follow.
Now about once a week I walk around entire house and give a vinegar spray. I have not seen another one.

Cinnamon or chalk will keep them at bay. Also, Diazanon or Rose Dust, but is harmful to kids and pets so use it wisely. Most of us have spices and if you have kids, sidewalk chalk has been entered here as a very effective and cheap deterent.

PBP

Anonymous

This sounds so weird but it has worked for me a few times when I can find the origin of the trail and the ants aren't too bad yet. Spray the area where the ants are coming from outside and all the ants on the trail inside with a high alcohol content body spray (the perfumed kind) and then don't clean up the ants or the body spray for a day. Or since it's probably the high alcohol content that is doing the trick perhaps just put some isopropyl alcohol in a bottle and spary with that instead.

If they are really, really bad and you can't find their entry of origin go to your local hardware store and get the Combat ant disks that have 'guaranteed in 24 hours' written on the package and put one under your refrigerator and one under your stove.

How these work is the ants put the poison'food' in them in their mouth, carry it back to the nest, feed the queen ant with it, the queen ant dies from the poison and the entire colony dies because she died. Ant those particular disks indeed work in 24 hours ;-)

PS - My indoor kitty cat does not lick up the perfumed spray/dead ants and she can't get to the disks under the refrigerator or stove so am pretty sure other pets or children wouldn't/couldn't either.

Anonymous

Another natural way to get rid of ants, draw a chalk line & they won't cross it. Also mix equal amounts of baking soda with sugar & mix. Put where ants can get it, they can't tell the difference in them & eat it. Ants can't fart so they eat it & explode. Bakin sode helps with gas, so they die.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsAugust 15, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓