FleasPets

Getting Rid of Fleas in Artificial Christmas Tree

My cat has fleas. I've been doing everything I can think of to eliminate the problem on her, me, and around the house, but I have an artificial Christmas tree in a box that wasn't closed well in the same room where she likes to spend a lot of time. Is there a way to make sure my tree is flea-free, or should I just junk the tree and the box? I've been using diatomaceous earth around the house and on my cat, in my hair, vacuuming a lot, and thankfully, it's starting to get very, very cold outside. Yay!

Best Answer

Yes - cooler weather is on the way.

• Since Christmas is still a few months away you may want to check the tree before dumping it.
  • I think it would depend on how well you like your tree and of course the cost of another tree.
  • DE is effective in killing fleas so why not dump the tree outside (on platform or driveway maybe) and dust it good with DE.
  • Throw something over it at night and leave it for a few days.
  • You could also try putting it in a couple of large contractor black bags (WalMart), spray inside and seal the bags for a few days or put DE inside and seal.
  • I think it could be done but only if you really want the tree or if you are just ready to dump it and buy a new one.

I would junk the tree and the box

Getting rid of fleas on a Christmas tree.

Take it out of the box do this outside.

Vacuum the tree really well and then box.

Here is a link www.primallyinspired.com/natural-flea-control/ You should vacuum everything in the house; chairs, couches, and beds.
.