Getting Rid of Little Black Bugs?

I just moved to a new apartment. I am finding these on windowsill and in the bed next to the window. They are very tiny. I enlarged the photo as best I could.

Answers

Best Answer

From the seond image it looks like your home has some sort of an ant problem. The larger photo does not look much like an ant but when you check out the other one it does. I would try and use some Windex or other type of window cleaners around the window to get rid of them and keep them out of your home. This is the safest way to do it.

Best Answer

I think this might be a termite. Here's a Wikipedia article about them.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Termite

Answer this Question

3 More Questions

I've read all the questions and comments, and my particular odyssey with the little black bugs is that they don't fly, they come in through or by the kitchen sink only, and I don't think the bite. They scurry off as soon as I approach, but I can squash them if I'm quick enough.

My bug spray seems to have no effect on them, and I've tried a vinegar solution, Listerine, and boric acid powder. Nothing seems to kill them off. I live in an apartment, and only got them after the upstairs unit was exterminated, along with cockroaches. Help!

Answers

Best Answer

If you live in an apartment it is up to the owner or manager to spray your unit. If another unit was sprayed in your building it is normal that the bugs from this unit will look for a new home.

Write or call your property manager or building manager and have them inspect your apartment. Tell them you are being invaded by bugs and you want your apartment sprayed.

As long as you are renting it is up to the building owner to maintain and spray these units for bugs and roaches.

Best Answer

Step 1
They could be carpet beetles.

Step 2
Put everything in containers and clean out first.

Step 3
Wipe everything down with vinegar.

Step 4
Clean out closets they love wool sweaters or blankets.

Step 5
Wash all your things, wipe out drawers.

Step 6
Vacuum closets and baseboards.

Step 7
Store clothing in airtight containers.

Step 8
Vacuum all furniture.

Answer this Question

I put diatomaceous earth on bed, baseboards, and wall but it still doesn't kill these little black things.

Answers

Best Answer

The images here are terrible and it is hard to make out what type of a bug this one really is. In most cases if they are on the floor and in certain areas in your home it is possible to lay down some sticky flypaper in order to trap them and get rid of them. In some of the photos that I can make out it almost looks like rodent poop if you ask me on this one. Diatomaceous earth is not really the best thing to get rid of these bugs but it does help to control them and keep them out. You are going to need to vacuum your home, dispose of the bag, lay out sticky fly paper and trap them. If they keep coming back then you need to pick up a few of them, take them to a pest control shop, and ask them how to get rid of them and what you need to use to spray them with that is not harmful to you because it is in your bedroom where you sleep at night.

Answer this Question

We have have these little black bugs that appear only on the tile around our over sized tub in the bathroom. They kind of look like a flea, but do not jump and are dead or barely moving, but keep appearing.

There is a little off colored yellow larvae now and again around them too. We have no idea what they are. We thought initially they were coming from a large plant and we took that outside last spring.

Answers

I think you have drain flies. I would pour some bleach down the drain to kill them.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsOctober 8, 2018
😷
📓
🎃
🎂
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Little-Black-Bugs-2.html