Getting Rid of Static in Hair

I need advice. My hair has lots of static electricity. I always use a conditioner rinse. What can I do to get rid of the fly away hair in my face?

Donna from Millbury, Oh

Answers:

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

Try using a pomade as your final styling step. I've had good results from Pantene's. You might also consider applying a moisture serum before blow-drying. And if you like straight hair, a high-quality flatiron will probably do the trick. (12/05/2007)

By Chretienne

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

Spray Static Guard on your hair brush before you use it, never directly on your hair and beware getting it in your eyes. I have thin, sparse, dry hair in winter and this trick has never failed me. (12/05/2007)

By Jodi

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

Try getting a bottle of "Leave-In Conditioner" and using that a few times a day. (12/07/2007)

By Thrifty ME

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

I have the same problem. If you're in a pinch rub some lotion into your hands then run through your hair. It won't last all day but will do for a while.
Also, try using spray on conditioner. You can spray it on your hair without getting a buildup. Make your own conditioner to save money. (12/07/2007)

By Melissa

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

Try a different brand of conditioner. (12/07/2007)

By louel53

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

I use Jonathan's "Dirt". It is a little expensive but a little goes a long way so a jar lasts a long time.

AW (12/08/2007)

By

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

Hello,
My Mama has the same problem. She's been using drying sheets. She says, it's works for her. Have a good one and good luck. mvb (12/08/2007)

By mvb

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

Paul Mitchell's "Skinny Serum" works great! (12/09/2007)

By Heather

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

I have the static problem, too! Also, don't wear leather. The static in the material could also help pick up static! (01/01/2008)

By

Getting Rid of Static in Hair

I poured a small amount of Downy on a paper towel and slid it lightly down my hair. It really worked!! I have always had a problem with static electricity in my hair, but not today. (12/16/2008)

By M & M's