Getting Rid of Wool Rug Moths

I came back from the Middle East with some beautiful tribal rugs. I also brought back moths in one of them. I read that putting wool items in the freezer was the only way to kill moths in wool rugs, so I wrapped them in plastic bags and left them out all last winter. It didn't work. Can someone help me?

By Linda B.

Powder the rugs heavily and evenly with boric acid powder front and back (follow package directions carefully) then put them back into the plastic bags-seal tightly and leave for at least two weeks.

Vacuum up the boric acid and you should see a moth-less rug. You may need to repeat the treatment a couple of times to be sure you got all of the moths but the boric acid powder should work.

You can find the powder at any grocery, big-box (like WalMart and Target) or at a feed 'n seed store. Works on fleas, ants, spiders, and roaches too, great stuff! But be sure to follow the directions exactly for safest and best results.