Getting Your Tongue Pierced

There are some things to consider and be aware of before getting your tongue pierced. This is a guide about getting your tongue pierced.

This has had me in a state of serious curiosity for about a week now. I got my tongue pierced about a week an a half ago, maybe less. And I've noticed there's a small spike looking piece of skin poking out on the bottom of my tongue right next to to the hole of my tongue bar. Is this normal?

Answers

Is your tongue inflamed or red? Has it made a difference in the feeling of your tongue ??

I think it would be wise to go to your doctor and have it looked at. You said you are curious, the best way to find out if it is a problem is to get medical advice.

i hope you had this professionally done. This sounds serious and I wouldn't wait too long before I saw a doctor for their advice. This could be a problem and I don't think it is normal to have that small piece of your tongue hanging there.

I read a lot of articles on this and nowhere did it have an issue such as yours. I just hope you had this professionally done and didn't do it yourself. I read a lot of comments where young teenagers have been doing their own piercing.

There is certain health risk involved in piercing your tongue, and certain procedures to follow until the piercing has healed. If you haven't followed these procedures, I would go to a doctor and have them look at your tongue. This is the only way you will know for sure if there is a problem or not.

I had the same thing happen to me when I had my tongue pierced way back in the day. It took about a month to go away. However, IF you feel any discomfort or you suffer from any inflammation, show the shop that pierced you and go to the doctor.

If it is red and sore you probably have infection.You will need to see a doctor.If not than give it time to heal.

I just went to the doctor's and had a lump of over-produced scar tissue on the bottom ball of my tongue piercing burnt with silver nitrate. In order to do so, I had to take the piercing out for it to heal. In time, would it be okay to have it re-pierced?

By Amanda

Answers

Hi - did you ask the doctor that just did the procedure? Do you wish to have to go through this again in the future or maybe worse? Did your doctor say it could be bad for your health?

If you did not ask these questions then you should call him/her and ask the questions before going ahead with new piercing.

There's a hard bump on top and below beside my tongue ring. It doesn't hurt. It's the size of a pea. Is that normal?