Gift BoxesGifts

Gift Book Filled with Goodies

Vote for this contest contender!

I was able to repurpose a teal box lid into a gift book box filled with goodies (present) for a friend. A little pick me up gift since she was feeling down, it's a little spa/pamper kit - face masks and lip glosses.

This is a perfect gift book box idea for any occasion like Mother's Day, birthday, Teacher's Appreciation, just because, bridal shower, so forth. Fill with your choice of items.

Total Time: 1 hour + drying time

1. You will need a box lid. My teal box lid came from a card box. My box fit perfectly with a 8 x 10 cardboard paper, but varies depending what size lid you have. (My cardboard paper is actually something I used to cut paper with my X-acto knife, but the marks will be covered later so it doesn't matter).
  2. Trace the outline of the lid and the spine of the box.
  3. Using a ruler as a guide to ensure line is cut straight, slowly and carefully make a shallow cut without cutting through the cardboard. Just enough to bend the cardboard and keep it intact.
  4. Time to decorate your gift box book. Using your choice of scrapbook paper, cut sizes to fit on the box and mod podge in place. Repeat until your book is fully decorated. Allow to dry.
  5. Using hot glue secure lid to the cardboard base and the spine. Work fast as hot glue dries quickly
  6. Optional: Apply another layer of modpodge.
  7. Ad

8. While waiting for modpodge to dry, you can cut various sized strips from kraft paper. Fold the strips forward and backward until you achieve the crinkle cut paper for gift filling.
  9. Ready to stuff gifts into your lid. I added face mask, lip glosses, and facial cleaning towelettes. Then the crinkle paper. Secure with ribbon/bow and it's ready to be gifted.