Ginger Snaps (Gluten Free)
I love ginger snaps and took an old recipe for ginger cookies and made it gluten free by using gluten free flour. Since I was experimenting, I cut the original recipe in half and it made 89 cookies which is a plenty for me. This is my version.
This is a "hard as a tack" cookie that tastes a lot like the ginger snaps I used to buy in a bag before I became allergic to gluten.
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup Pillsbury Best Gluten Free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Butter Crisco no stick spray
- Sift flour before measuring.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, soda and baking powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix melted butter, molasses, sugar and eggs. Beat until creamy,
- Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make cookie dough into small balls and press on to a warm insulated baking sheet sprayed with Butter Pam.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a glass of ice cold milk.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.