Give Handmade Hankies to Express Sympathy

3
Share
2
Save
Follow
Print

Make handkerchiefs to express sympathy when someone you love loses someone they love.

Cut a 15 by 15 inch square of light weight 100% cotton fabric. Turn the edges over twice to form a 1/4 inch hem. Sew.

You can fold these and tie them with a ribbon to make them even more special. If I include a handkerchief in a sympathy card, I always write the message, "This handkerchief is for your tears."

I have given these to many people. They are always surprised at first, because it is an unexpected gift, but when I explain what it is, they are always very appreciative. Hope this helps someone you love.

That is a very thoughtful idea, and it meets one of their needs, making their life a little less complicated during times of sadness.

This is the sweetest idea I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing it.

Crafts GiftsFebruary 22, 2013
👔
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Give-Handmade-Hankies-to-Express-Sympathy.html