Step by step instructions on how to easily make a cute flower-card, using simple household stationery. This is a great craft for kids.
Approximate Time: less than 1 hour
- 2 sheets of white paper
- First, fold one sheet of white paper in half. Then fold the bottom of the front flap (as shown in the picture ) and cut along the folded line.
- Color the front flap (tip: you can color the back too, if you wish and the cut-out strip of paper. Then cut the length of the narrow strip in parallel, vertical lines (as shown) and stick it to the bottom of the front flap. Take care to stick it a bit higher so the front flap is shorter than the bottom one, for added interest.
- Draw 4 unequal flower shapes, two rectangles and the shape of a flower pot on the other white sheet of paper. Color the shapes and cut them out.
- Roll each of the two green rectangles and stick them on top of the card with glue. They'll form the stem of the flowers.
- Stick the brown paper cut-out on top of the stems (as shown). It'll form the flower pot.
- Stick one flower cut-out on top of each stem.
- Then, stick the other two flower cut-outs on top of them (as shown).
- Fold up the flower petals to give a nice stuck-out effect (as shown).
- Finally, write your message.
And and the card is done.
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
June 20, 20110 found this helpful
June 21, 20110 found this helpful
Really nice idea for handmade card-making. We'll enjoy using your idea here as we like making our own cards as much or as often as we can. Receiving handmade cards is the best.
Thank you for sharing.
June 22, 20110 found this helpful
'This is a wonderful card, and the directions where you wrote on there what to do are great and easy to follow! I am going to do this with all the kids in the neighborhood when they are over here and bored!
June 26, 20110 found this helpful
Wow! Thank you all so much for all the awesome feedback!
Really love the idea of working with kids on it when they'll get bored. :)