Making a Best Friends Card
This is a guide about making a best friends card
. Making a handmade card and gift tag for your best friend is the perfect way to tell them how much they mean to you. You can easily customize this design with their favorite colors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Pink and green medallion has been cut from paper and used as a focal point in this card. The lovely tag completes this set.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes
- DCWV green cardstock
- Anna Griffin Isabelle Pink Green Medallion, Isabelle Pink Tonal, Isabelle Pink Stripe papers
- Prima pink flower
- Stickles frosted lace
- 4 Recollections mini pink pearl stickers
- 2 Recollections pink pearl bards- big and small
- Making Memories Flutter Die-cut label
- rub-ons (Best Friends)
- 5/8 inch lemongrass satin ribbon
- double-sided tape
- craft knife
- hot glue
- scissors, decorative-edge scissors
- 1/16 inch hole punch
- Make 4 1/2 x 6 inch card from green cardstock.
- Cut 4 1/2 x 6 inch piece of Pink Tonal paper. Adhere to the card front.
- Cut 4 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch from Pink Stripe paper then adhere to the bottom.
- Cut 4 1/2 x 3/8 inch strip of green cardstock. Trim one edge with decorative scissors. Then punch two holes on each scallop. Adhere to card as shown.
- Cut out medallion from patterned paper. Adhere to the top center of card.
- Embellish small flowers with pearl stickers.
- Finish the card with satin bow then hot glue pearl brad on top.
Note: Remove shanks from pearl brad.
- To make the tag, cut 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches from green cardstock. Trim one edge with decorative scissors. Punch two holes on each scallop.
- Cut 2 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches from Pink Tonal paper and 2 1/2 x 2 inches from Pink Stripe paper. Adhere to tag.
- Use ruler and craft knife to cut out a triangle shape from 1 inch middle of Pink Stripe paper to the bottom corners.
- Tie ribbon around front tag and knot.
- Embellish with pink flower and pearl brad.
- Apply rub-ons on die-cut label and adhere to tag with double-sided tape.
Note: Add stickles on flower for shimmer effect. Let it dry.
By HellofromMhay from Fairfax, VA
June 9, 20160 found this helpful
this is really pretty and i will definetly try this