Homemade 3-Leaf Fall Birthday Card
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
October 18, 2014
Cut three leaves from different fall-colored papers and create a card with fall sentiments for a friend's birthday.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- provided pattern of the fall leaf
- 8.2 x 5.6 in bright yellow cardstock
- 5.2 x 3.5 in light yellow sugar paper
- dark yellow sugar paper
- orange sugar paper
- scrapbook paper with fall colors
- matching ribbon ~ for this project, orange ribbon with white polka dots was used
- pale gold acrylic paint
- fine paintbrush
- small yellow-colored flat-sided rhinestone beads
- craft glue
- Score the 8.2" x 5.6" yellow cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the 5.2" x 3.5" light yellow sugar paper to the front of the card.
- Use the ribbon to make a frame around the card.
- Trace and cut three leaves - one from the dark yellow sugar paper, one from the orange sugar paper, and one from the fall scrapbook paper.
- Glue the three leaves in place - first the yellow leaf, then the orange leaf and lastly the leave cut from the fall scrapbook paper.
- Use the gold paint to create a golden edge all around the card.
- Add the finishing touches by gluing the rhinestones in place to create veins for the leaf cut from the fall scrapbook paper.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.