Gluten Free Banana Bread
When I have extra bananas that are going to get too ripe for eating, I use them to make banana bread or freeze them for smoothies or to just munch on. This is a recipe I got from a friend years ago, when I first found out I had Celiac disease. The bread comes out moist, but not too moist. It is great as a snack or served with ice cream for dessert.
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mash the bananas and measure out 1 cup.
- Combine bananas, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix well on medium speed.
- Add eggs and oil. Mix well.
- Combine flour, nuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Spray dish with cooking spray. Pour batter into the dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes until browned and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!